A hamam, as a Turkish bathhouse is known to natives of the Middle East, is a place where we can go to escape the stresses of modern life for an hour or two: to recharge and revitalise ourselves, ready to take on whatever the world has in store for us next. More particularly, a visit to a local hamam can bring the following benefits to those who decide to take the plunge and try something a little different.
The Benefits of Visiting a Hamam
Your visit, whether you choose to visit our beautiful hamam in Denmark or another, will normally start with time spent in the warm room, where the flow of hot, dry air encourages you to sweat. Following this, you may move into a hotter room before washing in cold water and receiving a therapeutic massage by a skilled professional. After your visit, you can look forward to enjoying the benefits listed below.
- Mental and Physical Detox – The sweating, and subsequent exfoliation, helps to rid your body of impurities and leave you feeling refreshed, both physically and mentally. The process of sweating, bathing and being massaged is a uniquely relaxing experience that can help to relieve your mind of even the most. stubborn of anxieties.
- Pain Reduction – If you are suffering from pain due to tense muscles or a condition such as rheumatism, a visit to a hamam could help to reduce this pain significantly as the tension from your muscles is gently removed during the time you are there.
- Rejuvenated Skin – After visiting a hamam, your skin should feel firmer and more toned, helping to alleviate the signs of ageing that we all suffer as time goes by. f f you choose to have your skin gently exfoliated with a traditional kese (a rough mitt) during your visit, the removal of dead cells on the surface of your skin will enhance the anti-ageing effects of a Turkish bath.
- More Restful Sleep – For those who are plagued with stress and anxiety, sleepless nights can be a common occurrence. After your time in a hamam, you may well find it much easier to sink into a deep, restful sleep at night.
- Reduction in the Appearance of Acne – People who suffer from acne often find that. the purifying process of visiting a Turkish bath helps to regulate the secretion of oils by their skin, which in turn can result in a significant decrease in the appearance of acne and other blemishes.
- Better Functioning Immune System – By improving the circulation of blood throughout your body, the treatment you receive at a hamam can help to boost your immune system, making it easier for you to deal with colds and other common illnesses.
If you would like to find out exactly how much better a visit to a local hamam could make you feel, the best thing to do is to go ahead and book yourself in for a session whenever you have a couple of hours to spare.